Monday, January 18, 2016

Week 3 Reading Reflection


1. The thing that stood out to me the most in Chapter 2 of “Entrepreneurship” by Donald Kuratko is the characteristics often attributed to entrepreneurs. There were 42 listed attributes related to entrepreneurs including things like dynamism and aggressiveness. It just stood out to me because you never realize how much an entrepreneur has to be able to do. 
2. The thing that not so much confused me but bothered me was the section entitled “The Dark side of Entrepreneurship.” In this section Kuratko points out the negative attributes that an be attained by Entrepreneurs including financial risk, career risk, family risk, and even psychic risk. It just goes to show that entrepreneurship has its downside as well.
3. Two things I would ask the author is why he didn’t make the dealing with stress section bigger, because he has four sources of stress and then a very small section addressing all of these sources. Another thing I would ask is how to control the entrepreneurial ego that Kuratko descries.
4. Honestly, there was nothing in this chapter that I could really disagree with. I found this chapter very interesting and an eye opener to the different struggles behind entrepreneurship. 


No comments:

Post a Comment