Friday, January 15, 2016

Very Short Interview No. 1


For my Interview with an Entrepreneur, I had the pleasure of interviewing Craig Wilburn. Craig is the CEO and team leader at Keller Williams Realty who started Team Dynamo, Gainesvilles number one residential real estate team. Craig is a multi million dollar producer and has been in Gainesvilles top 1% of realtors since 2003.


1. What does it mean to be an entrepreneur?

So, essentially in my opinion what it means is that you are a visionary. You are someone who has the ability to see things that other folks don’t see and you have the people skills and communication skills to communicate the vision to others. You recognize that a true entrepreneur can’t do anything on their own and have to have other people who understand the vision.

2. What do you think I should learn in an entrepreneurship course?

Probably one of the most important things to learn is you want to learn how to structure, learn systems, and how to be a good communicator. So I think those are probably the most important things. You have to learn communication skills, time management skills, to be successful in whatever your business venture is.

3. What do you wish you had been taught in school before setting out on your own path as an entrepreneur?

Aw man, so much! Because the reality is that most of the things I've learned I didn’t learn in school. The most important thing I didn’t learn in school is learning about yourself. The psychology of people and really learning about yourself is so important in my opinion. Being educated by seeing other people who have taken risks and studying other peoples failures and successes from their own personal risk taking is something I didn’t do a lot of in school but as I grew up and learned these things. These concepts have really helped me be an entrepreneur. Learning and understanding other people also help in management skills, which is a skill as an entrepreneur. Also, you don’t learn the value and importance of networking, and how important that is at being successful at what you’re doing. Networking is everything.


My reflection on this interview is just looking at entrepreneurship differently. Entrepreneurship isn’t just owning your own business, its all these things discussed in this interview combined with that to help people, and then the money follows. 

No comments:

Post a Comment