Thursday, January 7, 2016

Week 2 Reading Reflection

1. The biggest surprise to me in this reading were the 10 myths of entrepreneurship. Because I have a lack of knowledge on the subject, I was one of the many who thought the majority of these myths were true about entrepreneurs.

2. One thing that confused me slightly was the Financial Analysis Emphasis. Are the three venture stages necessarily always going to happen (start-up, ongoing, and decline)?

3. If I was able to ask two questions to the author this far, I would ask why he chose certain trends as hot trends to watch. Some of these trends include Food and Beverage and Apparel which to me seem like trends that have been around since the dawn of time, as opposed to Tech or Health trends. I would also ask the author if he is an entrepreneur himself.

4. The one thing I think the author was wrong about is that Entrepreneurs are made and not born. I feel that while you can teach someone how to be an entrepreneur, there are distinct traits that one is born with that make them exceptional. You have to be aggressive and willing to take risk, which some people just don’t have the guts to be this way no matter how hard you try to train them.

No comments:

Post a Comment