Monday, February 15, 2016

Week 7 Reading Reflection

For this weeks reading reflection I read rediscovering market segmentation by Daniel Yankelovich.

1. The biggest surprise in this reading was the idea itself. The idea of non demographic segmentation is fascinating to me. When I think of segmentation or products, I picture the group it will sell to based on age, race, gender, etc. Daniel believed that instead we should use buying patterns, which in a way definitely makes sense.

2. Something that was slightly confusing was the “gravity of decision spectrum.” I just wish they touched on this topic a little more, but I still get the gist of it and that it is the importance consumers place on a product.

3. Two questions I would ask the author is how he came up with this idea of segmentation, and if he had personal success using his new theory of segmentation.

4. There is nothing I think that the author was wrong about or that I can disagree with. I would have to see both of these segmentations in action to figure out which one I think is better to use for different aspects of business.

No comments:

Post a Comment