Friday, February 26, 2016

Half-way Reflection

1. ENT3003 is definitely a fast paced course, and if you don't keep up or get ahead you fall behind quickly. The idea that "tenaciousness is a skill" is valid for this course, because there will be times you want to just give up and not do assignments. It's a different style course because you're literally graded on the assignments you do, so its your choice to get a good grade (which is a good thing for people who aren't great test takers). I'd say just be organized and stay on top of the material, and of course have fun with it!

2. Over the past two months of ENT3003 I have definitely developed a tenacious attitude. The experiences that most contributed to this were going out and doing the exercises where you have to interact with people. My favorite was the interview with an entrepreneur, because just from the 15 minutes I go to speak to them I learned so much. But I also didn't really know the gentleman I interviewed well, so it was a little awkward for me to contact him and ask him for a sit down. Luckily he agreed and I'm glad I went through with it.

3. The three skills I feel you should develop for this course is organization, tenacity, and patience. To make sure you give yourself enough time to complete the assignments, organization is important. Tenacity to push through and do the assignments you don't want to do. Finally, patience, to get you through those exercises that you might not enjoy but that benefit you in the long run.

2 comments:

  1. Hey,
    I like the three tips you gave and thought they were very fitting for this course. I also think its very brave of you to have interviewed an entrepreneur, I for one was not brave enough to finish that assignments and frankly others like it. This class is a great tool for those interested in becoming entrepreneurs, and I'm glad to be a part of it! We're half way there keep up the good work!
    Check out my blog here!http://blovejoyblog.blogspot.com/2016/02/half-way-reflection.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Keifer,
    I enjoyed reading your post because I can relate a lot to it. You definitely need to be patient and perseverant and push through those assignments that you don't feel like doing or that seem very hard or awkward. I also believe that the assignments that involve interviewing people and talking to strangers are the ones that have developed my tenacity because they take me out of my comfort zone. I believe that in order to be successful at this class you need to have excellent time-management and organizational skills. Otherwise, if you are not on top of your assignments like you said, you can fall behind very easily. Here is my post if you want to take a look at it http://berrvh.blogspot.com/2016/02/half-way-reflection.html

    ReplyDelete