Thursday, April 7, 2016

Week 15 Reading Reflection


1. Wow! This whole article was extremely interesting. These people going to poor countries to microfinance and give out loans to the poor to help them build a better life is pretty amazing. I would say the selflessness is what stands out the most to me. I know they obviously have to make money, but such a dangerous business with small loans doesn’t seem so lucrative until they build up their customer base.

2. Nothing was really confusing to me. I just think I might have handled a couple of the situations differently, but they handled most of the situations properly. For example, when they were being strong-armed by thugs would it be wrong to bring in authorities or strong arm them back? I don’t know the culture very well over there and I’m sure it could get dangerous, but extortion is illegal in most places.

3. I would ask him where his business started and his story on how he expanded it. I would also ask him if he personally travels to all these areas before setting up micro financing to make sure that they seem somewhat safe.

4. There was nothing wrong that I saw! I enjoyed this article and the fact that they doing business at the base of the pyramid.

No comments:

Post a Comment