Thursday, April 7, 2016

Very Short Interview Part 2


1. My initial interview wasn’t bad. I got a lot of information from Mr. Wilburn, and since I knew him previously I was comfortable talking to him. Craig is a smart guy and he gave me plenty of information on the importance networking, and the importance of finding the right people to do the job.

2. On my second interview with Mr. Wilburn we had a 10 minute phone call. My first question was how he decided his venture he wanted to go after. He told me that it was trial and error. He mentioned he originally went to school and studied health science and wanted to do physical training, but ended up finding his niche in real estate and loved it. He wasn’t scared to make a career change and jump in headfirst and it has worked well for him. I also asked him how he started. He said that before he even started trying to sell houses and build a real estate team he studied his first six months and learned the most he could before he started on his entrepreneurial path. He treated like a regular business and tested the market and honed his skills before going in, a true calculated risk. My final question was, is it all worth it? He said absolutely, he lives the life he wants, is financially free, and said that since he loves what he does he never actually works.

3. I think I’ve come a long way since I started this class, and my entrepreneurial mindset has changed. I was still very comfortable on the phone and felt good during my conversation. Craig’s a good guy and definitely enjoys talking about his venture, and likes helping others who want to succeed.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Keifer!

    I think it’s good that you noted that you were already somewhat comfortable with Mr. Wilburn because you already knew him. I think this made conversation flow a little more naturally and allowed you to ask good questions because you had a previous relationship to build off of. In addition, I think that made your first interview stronger than most because you were comfortable, so you had a smaller margin for improvement for this interview. I too believe this class has helped me grow as a person and become more confident.

    Unfortunately, I did not complete this exercise, but here is a link to my overall page if you’re interested in checking my blog out: http://michellekelleyuf.blogspot.it

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Keifer,

    It's cool to see that you were able to interview someone who seems very successful and happy with his decisions. If he really loves his job then it's true that he never works a day in his life, that's my ultimate goal. I agree that I've also come a long way through the time we've been taking this class. I'm much more confident when talking to new people and I honestly feel like a new man. Check out my post at http://zanesufblog.blogspot.com/2016/04/very-short-interview-part-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Keifer! I really enjoyed your post and think that you had a great interview. Being able to feel comfortable with people is a big deal and I think this class helped me, and from the sound it you too, to become more comfortable when speaking with strangers. To be fair, you did already know him but that is okay, being able to hear from an entrepreneur, especially someone you know, has a much bigger impact than a random person. If you have some time be sure to check out my blog! http://biglilcut.blogspot.com/2016/04/very-short-interview-part-2.html

    ReplyDelete