Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Final Reflection


1. Reading through my past blog posts, its strange to see how far along I’ve come. I started very weary of this class, especially since it’s not like traditional classes.  I wasn’t sure what it would be like to have a class with no exams, but overall I can say I enjoyed it. I think in a sense a learning style like this is more effective than traditional learning, where I’ve often found myself cramming for a test just to forget all the information as soon as the exam is over.

2. I’d say an experience that I will remember far after this course is over would be when we had to give away five dollars. I was discouraged because people were looking at me strange and didn’t want to take my money, but I stuck with it ended up giving them all away. The experience I most enjoyed was really just the process of coming up with a business idea and then expanding it. It gave me a better sense of the work that actually has to go behind a business. I also read almost every chapter of Kuratkos book, which I found really informative. I think the book

3. I definitely think that by the end of this course I have moved closer to the entrepreneurial mindset. I am much more open to the idea of owning my own business, and while it might not be the business venture I came up with in this class that I end up going for, I feel that down the line I will definitely own my own business.

4. One recommendation I have for students who are planning to take ent3003 in the future is to just keep an open mind and stay on track. It is easy to fall behind so you have to make sure you’re getting your assignments done. Also just to enjoy the experience instead of looking at is as work. In this class since you may have to do things that are outside of your comfort zone you just have to keep an open mind and don’t get discouraged!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Keifer!

    I like seeing other people's perspectives of this class and it's format. I personally like the traditional form much better due to my schedule and personal obligations. This class was very time consuming and the assignments required more than I could give at times. The 5 dollar experiment was one of those things I didn't get a chance to complete but wish I had. I'm glad it was so meaningful to you! I think the reading was very interesting as well. That alone helps us move forward with the entrepreneurial basics. Great post! Your reflection was well done. Check mine out at http://deannacarterdays.blogspot.com/2016/04/final-reflection.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello-
    I enjoyed reading your post! I also agree with coming closer to achieving an entrepreneurial mindset. However, I don't really think this class is for everyone. I found that my responses in this final reflection were quite similar to mine. I'm glad we both had a positive experience! If you'd like check out mine: http://basmacirachel.blogspot.com/2016/04/final-reflection.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found the concept of this class to be unusual. However, I found it to be advantageous, because it provided us with experience and not just textbook knowledge. It is good that you believe because of this class that you may want to open tour own business. This class should provide you with the basic concepts needed to prepare you for an entrepreneurial endeavor. Hope that you find something that works for you.
    My blog can be found at http://princeofentrepbyme.blogspot.com/2016/04/entrepreneur-final-reflection.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Keifer. Excellent work on the assignment, and completing the class. I have seen a couple of people who said the same thing about the 5 dollar assignment, I skipped that because it didn't look worth it for the two points and after spending the better part of a thousand dollars on the course already I didn't really want to throw another 5 in there too. Almost everyone says pretty much the same thing about staying on track too. With so many assignments its real easy to fall behind. Good luck, here's a link to mine http://thegarrick.blogspot.com/2016/04/final-reflection.html

    ReplyDelete