Thursday, April 7, 2016

Week 14 Reading Reflection


1. I read both chapter 3 & 4 of Kuratko’s “Entrepreneurship” earlier in the semester and they were two of my favorite chapters. I would have to say chapter 3 “The Entrepreneurial Mind-Set in Organizations” changed the way I look at work. I like the idea of intrapreneurship in the work environment. Using an open mind to expand a corporation makes work more interesting than going in and doing the same tasks in and out. I have been working with my boss about this concept and have gotten much more freedom to do what I want, and am even allowed to do work from home and get paid occasionally.

2. Something that was a little confusing to me from chapter 4 was table 4.1 “Classifying Decisions Using a Conceptual Framework.” I didn’t like the layout of the table and the different quadrants were a little confusing.

3. I would ask Mr. Kuratko if he has used intrapreneurship in a corporate setting. I would also ask if he has been faced with any ethical challenges as an entrepreneur, what they were, and how he responded to them.

4. I cant argue with anything Mr. Kuratko said in these chapters. All the information was pretty well displayed and provided me with knowledge on social entrepreneurship and entrepreneurship in the work place.

No comments:

Post a Comment